- 2 packs of Secret Island Salmon Bacon (8 Pieces)
- 12 bao buns, steamed according to package or recipe directions
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon miso
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon tamari or coconut amino’s
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, optional
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro, stems and all
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 4 green onions sliced into thin strips, 1-inch in length
- Sriracha Mayo
In a large skillet, cook the Secret Island Salmon Bacon over medium heat, 4-5 minutes each side, or until crispy.
Tear each piece into two or three pieces.
In a medium bowl, whisk together water, miso, rice vinegar, ginger, tamari, sesame oil, and garlic. (You can also use a small blender to combine until smooth.)
Add purple cabbage, napa cabbage, cilantro, carrot, and green onion.
Toss to evenly coat.
Spread a generous amount of Sriracha mayo across the bottom of each steamed bun, top with prepared slaw, and Secret Island Salmon Bacon.
Enjoy! (And share the secret!)