- 2 Secret Island Coho Salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons coco aminos, tamari or soy
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or any neutral oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, grated
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 handfuls of pea tendrils
- Lime wedges for serving
- Black rice, cooked according to package directions
Preheat the oven to 425.
Prepare a foil lined baking sheet.
In a medium bowl, whisk together miso paste, maple syrup, Dijon, coco aminos, sesame oil, garlic, lemon, and crushed red pepper.
In another bowl, add the salmon and 3 tbsp of the prepared miso glaze (reserving the rest).
Coat salmon with miso, and let marinate while preparing the rest of the recipe.
On 3/4 of the baking sheet, add broccoli and oil.
Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat, and roast 10 minutes.
Add salmon to the sheet with the broccoli, and roast for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until the broccoli is crispy, and salmon is cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile, whisk 2 tablespoons of warm water into reserved miso glaze until its the consistency of salad dressing.
Place prepared rice into bowls and top with broccoli, salmon, avocado, and pea tendrils.
Serve with lime wedges if desired.
Enjoy! (And share the secret!)
This recipe would also work with quinoa, brown rice, a bed of greens, or even noodles!