“A light and refreshing weeknight go-to that satisfies.”
- 2 each 6 oz Secret Island Salmon
- 1-2 lbs Watermelon Radish (No bigger than 1” in diameter) OR 1-2 lbs peeled large Radishes
- ¼ cup of Honey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- Fresh Ginger (approx. 2-3 inches – peeled and grated)
- 1-2 cloves of minced Garlic (optional!)
- Kosher Salt
- 1 Fresh Lime
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pat your salmon dry with a paper towel, lightly coat with oil (we like avocado oil or olive oil).
- Wash and trim the Radishes – Cut into quarters.
- Place steamer basket in medium sized pot, add a few inches of water and a pinch or two of salt (you can also add other aromatics here like a bit of extra garlic, ginger or scallion tops). Bring water to a boil and add radishes. Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from heat and drain.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar and ginger (and garlic if chosen) into a small sauce and reduce by about half over medium heat – about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add the salmon to a shallow baking dish and spoon about a tablespoon of the glaze over it – place in the oven and let cook for 5-7minutes.
- Remove salmon after 10 minutes and reapply remaining glaze (repeat as needed until the salmon is cooked do your desired temperature and the glaze has caramelized).
- Serve your glazed salmon with the tender radishes and a squeeze of fresh lime juice to wake all the flavors up – we recommend cooking up some brown rice to have on the side too!
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when our salmon hits the shelves!