20% OFF ALL BUNDLES | MINIMUM ORDER OF $45 | FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $145
“Perfect for an outdoor lunch or brunch.”
- 2 each 6 oz Secret Island Salmon
- 1 quart of your favorite Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lbs Small Red or “New” Potatoes
- Dijon Mustard
- 1-2 Lemons
- Bay Leaves
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 bunch Thyme
- 1/2 bunch each of Parsley, Dill and Scallions (sub your favorite herbs here…!)
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Make the potato salad ahead of time! Wash and quarter the potatoes and add to a large pot of salted water – cook for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender – drain the potatoes and put them into a bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 grated garlic clove, 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, ½ teaspoon honey, a pinch of black pepper and salt until emulsified.
- Chop the herbs and mix into the dressing – combine the dressing and potatoes and refrigerate (you can serve this chilled or room-temp to your preference)
- Pour olive oil into a large flat sided pan or pot, then add bay leaves, a few cloves of garlic, thyme and lemon peel – bring to a medium heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes (if you have a food-safe thermometer you’re looking for a steady temp of 160-180 degrees).
- Pat your salmon dry with a papertowel and season generously with a few pinches of salt – carefully add the salmon to the poaching liquid.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the salmon has an internal temp of around 115-120 degrees – once achieved carefully remove the salmon from the poaching liquid and transfer to a rack or plate.
- Plate your delicious salmon with your potato salad and enjoy!
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when our salmon hits the shelves!