“Light up the grill for this light, sweet and spicy Summer dish.”
- 2 each 6 oz Secret Island Salmon
- 2 Limes
- 2 ears of Sweet Corn
- 1-2 Fresno Chilis
- 4-8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Coriander
- Smoked Paprika
- Take out a stick of butter and let it come to room temp – you’re looking for soft and pliable, not a full on puddle. Give the Fresno chilis a small to medium dice and add them to the butter with a pinch of salt and maybe a bit of lime zest – Stir to incorporate, then refrigerate until it’s go time (or, if you want to make ahead of time, you can microwave the butter until fully melted, add the fresnos and seasonings and then refrigerate to set)
- Light your grill to medium-high heat (+/- 400 degrees), you don’t want to burn the salmon but you are going for some flavorful char marks.
- Pat your salmon dry with a papertowel, lightly coat with oil (we like avocado oil or olive oil) and season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper.
- Start grilling your salmon with the skin side down and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes depending on thickness and the temp of your grill – then flip the salmon gently using a fish spatula and let it finish cooking for an additional 2-4 minutes until your desired temp is reached (we love our salmon at 125 degrees, but remember that you fish will keep cooking for a few minutes after it’s removed from the grill so don’t be afraid to let it rest for a bit).
- Grill your corn on the cooler side of the grill until nicely browned on all sides (8-10 minutes)
- Cut your limes in half and grill with the flat side down until nicely charred without burning (2-3 minutes)
- Season your grilled corn with a pinch of salt, ground cumin, ground coriander and smoked paprika.
- Plate your grilled salmon with a pad of the fresno chili butter on top, serve with grilled corn and lime – all these flavors play well together so there are no rules – eat and enjoy!
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when our salmon hits the shelves!