“Wake Up Your Tastebuds with this Super-Flavorful Dish”
- 4 each 6 oz Portions Secret Island Salmon
- Kosher Salt – to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper – to taste
- Spice Mix – ½ tsp each Ground Paprika, Cayenne, Coriander, Cumin, Ginger and Turmeric
- 2 ears of Sweet Corn – kernels removed
- 2 handfuls Micro Greens or Arugula
- 2-3 sprigs each Dill, Parsley, Cilantro – chopped
- 1 Lemon – zested
- 1 cup Basmati Rice – dry
- Make Rice ahead of time! Combine rice, approx. 1 and 1/2 cups water and 1 tbsp butter into a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook, covered, for approx. 15 minutes. Remove cover, fluff rice with a fork and reserve for later use.
- Pat your salmon dry with a paper towel, lightly season with a pinch or two of salt and a liberal amount of the Spice Mix.
- Preheat the pan over medium-high heat – add oil (we like olive or avocado oil) and heat until shimmering – then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add salmon fillets, skin side down, one at a time pressing firmly on each to ensure even contact between the skin and pan.
- Cook salmon for 7-8 minutes – occasionally pressing on the fillet to keep skin contact with pan. Check for doneness by gently lifting one corner of the fillet with a fish spatula – it should lift easily, without sticking. If it does stick, press again and cook until it is easily freed.
- Gently flip all fillets to skin side up in pan and cook an additional 15-20 seconds.
- In a large clean sauté pan add a splash of cooking oil and head over medium heat until shimmering. Add corn kernels and stir occasionally, cooking for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned – then add cooked rice, chopped herbs and lemon zest. Stir to incorporate and remove from heat.
- Serve the Spiced Salmon over a generous portion of the Green Herb Rice – eat while warm and enjoy!
- Tasty Tip – goes great with a dry white wine like Pinot Gris or Chardonnay!!
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when our salmon hits the shelves!