“A Rich and Hearty Comfort Food Classic”
- 2 each 6 oz Portions Secret Island Salmon
- 4-6 each Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes – diced small
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion – diced small
- 3 ribs of Celery – diced small
- 1 bunch Scallions – ends removed and cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves Garlic – minced
- 2 cups Frozen Corn
- ½ lb Bacon – cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1/3 bunch Chives – finely chopped
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp AP Flour
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- (Optional: Sliced Green Jalapeno for garnish)
- Pat your salmon dry with a paper towel, lightly season with a pinch or two of salt.
- Grab a large, heavy bottomed pot and melt the butter over medium heat – then add the bacon and cook until lightly browned – approx. 6-8 mins. Remove bacon and reserve for later use.
- Add the celery, onion, scallions, garlic and a pinch or two of salt and pepper to the bacon grease in the pot and cook over medium heat until soft – approx. 6-8 mins.
- Add the potatoes, broth and bring everything to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until potatoes are fork tender – approx. 12 mins.
- In a small mixing bowl combine 2 tbsp AP Flour and 4-6 tbsp of warm broth from the pot. Stir to incorporate and mix until it resembles wet mud – add the mixture to the pot and bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until everything has thickened.
- Turn the heat down to a low simmer and add the corn, heavy cream and cooked bacon, stirring to incorporate until evenly mixed – season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Then add the salmon on top and cover the pot, simmering for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked.
- Serve with chopped chives and jalapenos – seconds are encouraged!
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when our salmon hits the shelves!