- 2 ea. Secret Island Salmon portions – seasoned with large pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- See Salmon Prep & Plating for preparation
Pomegranate Butter Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup leeks sliced thin
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup cold butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
In a small sauce pot over medium heat melt half of the butter with leeks and garlic until soft. Add white wine and lemon, then cook until reduced by half. Add cream and reduce by half. Add the pomegranate, salt & pepper. Finally add the butter and turn off the heat. Stir in the butter as it melts (important that heat is off as it can break the sauce otherwise.)
- ½ cup pistachios
- ½ cup pinenuts
- 1 qt. basmati rice, rinsed very well until water is clear
- 1 oz. orange peel and julienned
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lb. carrot, julienned
- ¼ cup barberries / currents, steeped in warm water and drained
- ½ cup golden raisins, steeped in warm water and drained
- ½ tsp saffron threads, steeped in 2 cups hot water
- 4 oz butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 onions large white, diced small
- 1 tsp cardamom ground
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup rose petals, stems removed and soaked in a little water
Toss pinenuts and pistachios in olive oil, salt and pepper and toast in oven at 300°F for 5 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
Heat sugar and 2 qts water to a boil and add orange peel and carrots, simmer for 1 minute until carrots are al dente. Drain and set carrots and orange peel aside until needed. In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch rice for 5 minutes until almost cooked and drain. In a bowl, pour over ¾ of saffron liquid and toss until rice is evenly yellow. Spread on sheet trays and cool. In large pot, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Add salt and spices and remaining saffron liquid, turn until fragrant about 2 minutes. Add fruit, nuts, carrots and orange peel and sauté 2 minutes. Cool mixture on sheet pans. Toss onion mix and rice together and season with salt and pepper.
Grease cast iron pans with butter and place 1pt of rice mixture in cast irons. Followed by a little of the remaining fruit and nuts, 1 tsp of rose petals and 1 tsp of butter cubes. When ready for serving simply heat cast iron and sizzle the rice for about 4 minutes to lightly brown the rice. Cover with pan with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes until hot.
Salmon Prep & Plating
- Secret Island Salmon, seasoned w/ salt & pepper (recipe above)
- Love rice (recipe above)
- Pomegranate butter sauce (recipe above)
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs (chopped dill, parsley, chive)
- 2 tbsp pistachio or almond or pine nuts
Simply sear salmon in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat until skin is crispy (about 4 minutes) then flip over. Place in a 400° F oven for about 4 minutes until cooked. Top the rice with the cooked fish and sauce. Garnish the top of the rice with toasted coconut, more pistachios or any nuts you desire, fresh pomegranate seeds, and chopped fresh herbs. Top fish with sauce and serve hot.
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips, and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when we publish more chef-made, delicious recipes!