“Host a Beautiful Dinner Party with this Crowd-Pleasing Combination”
- 8 each 6 oz Portions Secret Island Salmon
- Pat your salmon dry with a paper towel, lightly season with a pinch or two of salt.
- Kosher Salt – to taste
- Ground Black Pepper – to taste
- 4-5 tbsp Honey
- 1 cup fresh Orange Juice – approx. 2 oranges juiced
- 1 Orange – zested
- ½ bunch Chives – finely chopped
- 2 cups Farro – dry
- 1-2 pints Cherry Tomatoes – halved
- 2-3 Handfuls Castelvetrano Olives – pitted and halved
- ½ Head Frisee Lettuce – rinsed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 Shallot – minced
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees
- Pat your salmon dry with a paper towel, lightly season with a pinch or two of salt and a few drops of oil.
- Make the Farro Salad ahead of time. Bring approx. 6-7 cups of water or broth to a boil with a pinch or two of salt – add dry farro and return to boil. Cook over medium-high heat for approx. 20 minutes (less for quick cooking farro – so check the package and follow instructions!) or until softened and tender. Drain and transfer to serving dish or bowl to cool to room temperature.
- Once the Farro is cooled, add the Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, Frisee and ½ of the Mustard Vinaigrette – gently tossing to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve the rest of the Vinaigrette for serving.
- Make the Orange Honey Glaze – in a small sauce pan, bring the Orange Juice to a simmer over medium heat for approx. 6-8 minutes, letting it reduce by to ½. Add Honey and Orange Zest and simmer until fully incorporated. Remove Glaze from heat and reserve for later use.
- Put your Secret Island Salmon on a large sheet tray or baking dish and spoon 2 tbsp of glaze over the portions. Place the sheet tray on the middle rack of the oven and cook for approx. 5-7 minutes.
- Remove salmon after 10 minutes and reapply remaining glaze (repeat as needed until the salmon is cooked do your desired temperature, flakes easily and the glaze has caramelized).
- Transfer the Honey + Orange Glazed Secret Island Salmon onto a large platter with an extra spoonful or two of the glaze drizzled over the top. In a separate large bowl combine all ingredients of the Farro Salad and serve everything family style!
- Tasty Tip: Try pairing a dry white wine or a flavorful Chilean Merlot with this dish!
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when our salmon hits the shelves!