20% OFF ALL BUNDLES | MINIMUM ORDER OF $45 | FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $145
“A British-Indian Aromatic Rice that’s Delicious at any Time of Day”
- 2 each 6 oz Portions Secret Island Salmon – Smoked
- 2 each Soft Boiled Eggs
- 1 White Onion – diced small
- ½ bunch Scallions – ends removed, chopped small
- ¼ bunch Parsley – chopped small
- 1 Lime – juiced
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 2-3 Bay Leaves
- 2-3 Curry Leaves
- Kosher Salt
- 8 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Basmati Rice – dry
- Follow our tips for Hot Smoking Salmon.
- Put 2 eggs into a small pot and fill with cold water until covered by two inches. Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat and cook for approx. 6 minutes – remove from boiling water with a slotted spoon and place into a small mixing bowl filled with ice – let cool and reserve for later use.
- Combine rice, approx. 1/5 cups water and 1 tbsp butter into a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook, covered, for approx. 15 minutes. Remove cover, fluff rice with a fork and reserve for later use.
- In a large sauté pan, add a splash of EVOO, 3 tbsp butter, bay leaves, curry leaves and curry powder and heat over medium heat. Next add the white onion and cook until softened and starting to brown – season with salt to taste.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and stir well to mix together – then add the scallions, lime juice, parsley and remaining butter. Cook everything until fully incorporated and heated through.
- Carefully peel your eggs and then cut in half lengthwise – you’ll also want to gently “flake” your smoked salmon into bite sized pieces at this point.
- Combine the cooked rice, smoked salmon and soft boiled eggs into a shallow bowl and serve with fresh lime and another pinch of salt to taste. Enjoy!
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when our salmon hits the shelves!