20% OFF ALL BUNDLES | MINIMUM ORDER OF $45 | FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $145
“These bright and clean flavors are a perfect pairing with Summer heat.”
- 2 each 6 oz Secret Island Salmon
- 2-3 ears of Fresh Sweet Corn – kernels removed
- 1 pint Cherry or Sungold Tomatoes – halved
- 1 large Green Jalapeno – seeds + ribs removed, diced
- 1-2 cups of Frozen Shell Beans (Lima, Butter, Fava, Soy, etc) – thawed
- 1 large Shallot – minced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt + Fresh Ground Black Pepper – to taste
- ½ cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 cups Fresh Cilantro – stems removed
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Make the cilantro pesto ahead of time! Combine all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until it all has a smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for later use or let it sit at room temp until the rest of the meal is ready!
- Preheat large sauté pan with olive oil over medium – high heat. First add corn and cook 6-8 minutes until evenly browned – then remove. Add tomatoes, jalapeno, shell beans, shallot into pan and cook until lightly browned – 5-7 minutes.
- Add apple cider vinegar and cook until reduced by half – then add lemon zest and stir to mix together.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and 1-2 spoons of cilantro pesto – gently stir to incorporate and add salt and pepper to taste. (You can also keep the succotash as is and use the pesto as a separate sauce on the plate!)
- Pat your salmon dry with a papertowel and season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper.
- Preheat the pan over medium-high heat – add oil (we like olive or avocado oil) and heat until shimmering – then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add salmon fillets, skin side down, one at a time pressing firmly on each to ensure even contact between the skin and pan.
- Cook salmon for 7-8 minutes – occasionally pressing on the fillet to keep skin contact with pan. Check for doneness by gently lifting one corner of the fillet with a fish spatula – it should lift easily, without sticking. If it does stick, press again and cook until it is easily freed.
- Gently flip all fillets to skin side up in pan and cook an additional 15-20 seconds.
- Remove salmon from pan and serve while hot along with cilantro pesto succotash.
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when our salmon hits the shelves!