“A Celebratory Holiday Meal to Share with Friends and Family”
- 6 each 6 oz Portions Secret Island Salmon
- Kosher Salt – to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper – to taste
- 3-4 each Assorted Fresh Citrus Fruit (Naval, Cara Cara or Blood Orange, Lemon, Lime) – rinsed and cut into ¼ inch rounds
- 1-2 Bulbs Fresh Garlic – halved
- 1-2 Large Celeriac (Celery Root) Bulbs – peeled and quartered
- 4-6 Medium Yellow or Yukon Gold Potatoes – peeled and halved
- 8 oz Crème Fraiche or Sour Cream
- 2-3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1-2 Bunches Tuscan Kale (or other dark leafy green of choice) – tough ribs removed, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 Medium Radicchio – halved and thinly sliced
- ½ Bunch Parsley and ½ Bunch Dill –roughly chopped
Pomegranate Molasses Vinaigrette
- 1 Pomegranate – halved, seeds removed
- 3 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2/3 cup EVOO
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Pat your salmon dry with a paper towel, lightly coat with oil (we like avocado oil or olive oil) and season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper.
- Make the Celeriac Mashed Potatoes ahead of time! Bring a large pot of salted water to a slow boil and add the Celeraic and Potatoes. Cook for approx. 6-8 minutes or until both are fork tender. Drain the water from the and return to the stovetop. Using a potato masher or immersion-stick blender, gently mash the Celeriac and Potatoes until they reach an even, smooth texture. Turn heat on to low, add 2 tbsp butter and stir to melt – then gently stir in the Crème Fraiche – add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.
- You can also prep the Pomegranate Bitter Greens Salad at this point. Prep the Tuscan Kale, Radicchio and Herbs and reserve in a serving bowl. Seed the Pomegranate (we like halving it and gently beating the skin side with a wooden spoon over a bowl or fine mesh colander to remove the seeds – it may take an extra squeeze or two – and don’t wear white without an apron when attempting!). This salad pairs great with a Pomegranate Molasses Vinaigrette – simply combine all ingredients in a mason jar or plastic squeeze bottle and vigorously shake to mix. About 5-10 minutes before serving, simply combine the Greens, Herbs, Pomegranate Seeds and Pomegranate Molasses Vinaigrette into a serving bowl and mix to incorporate, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice your assorted Citrus into rounds and halve a couple bulbs of Garlic – grab a medium sized baking dish (9 x 12 ish) and arrange the Citrus and Garlic along the bottom. Place the Secret Island Salmon skin side down on the Citrus and drizzle with a little extra EVOO.
- Put the Salmon into the preheated oven and cook approx. 10 minutes or until there’s some browning on the portions and the salmon is cooked to your desired level.
- Now it’s time to serve – and wow your guests! Arrange some fresh Citrus slices on a serving platter and place the Salmon portions on top – this is your incredible center piece. Grab a serving bowl for the Celeriac Mashed Potatoes and serve with an extra pad of butter and some finishing salt like Maldon on top. Mix your Salad in another serving bowl and bring everything to the table. Bonus points for some extra Citrus or Pomegranate to make it on the table for post-meal snaking!
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips, and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when we publish more chef-made, delicious recipes!