Create a filling and healthy kale salad complete with legendary Secret Island salmon! This protein-packed meal includes brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, and of course, roasted salmon. This is a Whole 30 compliant recipe, so it’s a must-try for salmon lovers looking to eat healthy.
Check out our latest delicious recipe from Elif Alverson!
- 10 to 12 ounces washed and roughly chopped kale leaves
- 3 cups of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 grapefruit peeled and sliced ½ inch slices
- 1 orange peeled and sliced ½ inch slices
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, diced
- 4 cups of Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4 cups broccoli florets, diced
- 2 cups of parsnips peeled and sliced ½ inch slices
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 10 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 4 pieces of Secret Island Salmon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon
- 2 tablespoons of orange
- 1 tablespoon of grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon of spicy mustard
- 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
Pickle the Red Cabbage
Add cabbage to a large bowl along with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar. Stir, cover, and let it rest at room temperature for 15-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Place broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, Brussels sprouts, and parsnips on separate baking sheets. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of extra virgin oil over each vegetable and toss until they are lightly and evenly coated.
Roast cauliflower florets for 15-17 minutes or browned at the edges. Roast sliced parsnips for 15-20 minutes until softened. Roast broccoli florets for 15-20 minutes or until browned around the edges. Roast Brussels sprouts for 20-25 minutes until they are tender and golden on the edges.
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Season salmon with 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet. Roast until salmon is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
In a medium size bowl or measuring cup, add all ingredients and whisk until combined.
Assemble The Salad
Combine kale, roasted vegetables, pickled red cabbage, grapefruit, orange, and salmon in a large serving bowl. Add dressing and toss until well coated. Enjoy!
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips, and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when we publish more chef-made, delicious recipes!