20% OFF ALL BUNDLES | MINIMUM ORDER OF $45 | FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $145
- 4, 6 oz Portions Secret Island Salmon
- 4 tsp. of Olive Oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, julienned
- 1 cup figs, halved
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. honey
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- Place onions in a large skillet with 2 tsp oil over medium heat to caramelize.
- After onions begin to soften (6-7 minutes), add red pepper flake and figs. Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally.
- Using a paper towel, pat filets dry and salt both sides evenly. In a large, heavy bottomed skillet, add remaining 2 tsp olive oil and heat until smoking over medium high heat.
- Sear salmon, skin side down, for 3 minutes. Flip each filet and place in oven set to 400 for 8-9 minutes.
- Finish the Caramelized Figs and Onions: Stir in honey and butter. Remove from heat and quickly stir in lemon zest and juice. A smooth, velvety pan sauce should form.
- To Plate: Remove salmon from oven and pour sauce over, spooning figs and onions evenly over each filet.
Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Receive recipes, tips, and updates
Sign up and be the first to know when we publish more chef-made, delicious recipes!